According to a recent YouGov poll, more than one-third of millennials now approve of communism — up a staggering eight percent since just last year.
36% of millennials polled say that they approve of communism, which is up significantly from 28% in 2018. https://t.co/UL4mnup6ei
— MarketWatch (@MarketWatch) December 29, 2019
Other remarkable findings from the poll published last month include:
- Communism is viewed favorably by 36 percent of millennials, up 8 percent from 2018.
- Favorability of capitalism among Generation Z and millennials is only 50%, down 6 percent and 8 percent from 2018, respectively.
- 15 percent of millennials said the world would be better off if the Soviet Union still existed.
- 15 percent of Americans age 35 and under trust the government more than themselves.
- Only 57 percent of millennials believe the Declaration of Independence guarantees freedom and equality better than the Communist Manifesto.
- 22 percent of millennials believe that “society would be better if all private property was abolished.”
- 45 percent of Generation Z and millennials believe that “all higher education should be free.”
Marion Smith, executive director of the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation, said:
“The historical amnesia about the dangers of communism and socialism is on full display in this year’s report. When we don’t educate our youngest generations about the historical truth of 100 million victims murdered at the hands of communist regimes over the past century, we shouldn’t be surprised at their willingness to embrace Marxist ideas.”
Register your interest for Daniel Secomb's new book, "Politics of the Last Days"
Daniel's new book explores the integral and fascinating role that politics will play in the end times.
He demonstrates that political philosophy is actually underpinned by biblcal principles and that by examining the political history of the past can give us a fascinating glimpse into how Biblical end times events will unfold.
Be sure to sign up with your name and email address to be notified of updates and the upcoming release date of the book.